Five public meetings will be held this month to reveal a new long-term vision for Indy’s world-class greenways system. Indy Parks and the Department of Public Works are seeking public input on the preliminary recommendations. Each meeting will be held as an open house from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., with a formal presentation at 6:30 p.m.
Indy Parks and the Department of Public Works have been working to update the Greenways Master Plan to sustain and expand the City’s system of trails. The master plan is a tool that evaluates the current greenways system and identifies potential improvements to increase connectivity and enhance recreation, access, environmental stewardship and economic growth for Indianapolis.
Meeting Dates and Locations
• Tuesday, August 20 Holliday Park, 6363 Spring Mill Road
• Thursday, August 22 Krannert Park, 605 S. High School Road
• Tuesday, August 27 Municipal Gardens, 1831 Lafayette Road
• Wednesday, August 28 Post Road Park, 1313 S. Post Road
• Thursday, August 29 Garfield Park Arts Center, 2432 Conservatory Drive
The Department of Public Works is responsible for park design, construction and maintenance as well as land stewardship for the City. Indy Parks and the Department of Public Works collaborate to ensure quality green spaces for citizens and residents.