Its here! The final adopted Indy Greenways Full Circle Master Plan has been released. The master plan is the result of a year-long planning process that included extensive public engagement and input. It outlines the long-term, comprehensive vision for trail and greenway development in the City. Check out the master plan on the Indy Greenways Master Plan tab and let us know what you think!
If you missed the second round of public meetings, the materials are now posted on the project website. You can view the presentations from both the first and second rounds of public meetings as well as all of the mapping and exhibits presented at the August meetings under a new “public meeting materials” tab on this site. There are also links to frequently asked questions and other project materials. Check it out and let us know what you think!
If you missed the last round of public meetings, you still have a chance to check out the presentation. Indianapolis Channel 16 (Indianapolis Government Access TV) is now airing the August 28 public meeting at Municipal Gardens. This meeting was one of five held through the City to unveil the preliminary recommendations of the master plan. These recommendations form the basis of the new Full Circle Plan that outlines 122 new miles of trail development throughout Marion County including a proposed 62-mile series of greenways that circle the City. This presentation outlines the new long-term vision for Indy Greenways. You can link to the presentation through the city’s on-demand video archive or click here to watch the presentation online. Check it out and see what the Full Circle Plan is all about!
Five public meetings will be held this month to reveal a new long-term vision for Indy’s world-class greenways system. Indy Parks and the Department of Public Works are seeking public input on the preliminary recommendations. Each meeting will be held as an open house from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., with a formal presentation at 6:30 p.m.
Indy Parks and the Department of Public Works have been working to update the Greenways Master Plan to sustain and expand the City’s system of trails. The master plan is a tool that evaluates the current greenways system and identifies potential improvements to increase connectivity and enhance recreation, access, environmental stewardship and economic growth for Indianapolis.
Meeting Dates and Locations
• Tuesday, August 20 Holliday Park, 6363 Spring Mill Road
• Thursday, August 22 Krannert Park, 605 S. High School Road
• Tuesday, August 27 Municipal Gardens, 1831 Lafayette Road
• Wednesday, August 28 Post Road Park, 1313 S. Post Road
• Thursday, August 29 Garfield Park Arts Center, 2432 Conservatory Drive
The Department of Public Works is responsible for park design, construction and maintenance as well as land stewardship for the City. Indy Parks and the Department of Public Works collaborate to ensure quality green spaces for citizens and residents.
If you missed the public meetings, you can now view the presentations under the Project Information tab. This composite presentation includes the general system information presented at each of the nine public meetings as well the specific township information presented in the different townships.
We have just completed the first round of public meetings for the Indy Greenways Master Plan with meetings in all nine Indianapolis townships. If you didn’t get a chance to come out to one of the meetings, there are several ways you can still view the materials and see what you missed:
- Indianapolis GTV-2 (Government and Community Affairs Television- Comcast 28, Bright House Networks 17, AT&T Channel 99 ) recorded the February 27 meeting in Center Township. Check the City’s website for their current schedule. You can also view the presentation by going to http://indianapolis.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=51&clip_id=9510
- The Wayne Township presentation from February 26 is now airing on SCTV (Comcast channel 28 in Speedway, AT&T Uverse channel 99) at 1:30pm and 6pm through Wednesday, March 13. It is also available online at http://townofspeedway.pegcentral.com/player.php?video=c3499a26c9f261437d35b07f2dec03bf
- The public meeting exhibits are set up at the Project Office at Boulevard Station. The office is open on Wednesdays from 8:30-4:30. You can stop by any time during those hours or email email@example.com to schedule a meeting.
Take a few minutes, check out these materials, and let us know your thoughts and ideas on future greenway development in Indianapolis!
Do you have thoughts or ideas about the direction of Indy’s Greenways? Does your organization or neighborhood group have information to share? Indy Parks has opened a project office specifically for the Indy Greenways Master Plan. We encourage you to stop by the office and share your ideas or discuss issues with the project planners. The office is located at Boulevard Station, the former rail depot at the intersection of the Monon Trail and 38th Street. The office is open on Wednesdays from 8:30-4:30. Stop by any time during those hours. You can also schedule an appointment by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . The project office is just one of many ways you can provide feedback and direction to the plan. We encourage you to get involved!